Product DetailREAL-TIME INCUBATOR AND COLONY COUNTING STATION
REAL-TIME INCUBATOR AND COLONY COUNTING STATION
Brand: Interscience - France
ScanStation® is a real-time incubator and colony counting station centralizing incubation, detection and counting of up to 300 Petri dishes simultaneously. From the beginning of the incubation, the Petri dishes are photographed every 30 mins or every hour. Colonies are detected and counted as soon as they appear. Discover their bacterial growth hour by hour and get anticipated results.
ScanStation is composed of 3 main parts:
- An incubator (20°C to 45°C) of 300 Petri dishes: ScanStation 300 is composed of a rotating storage carousel with a 300 Petri dishes capacity. The 300 Petri dishes are processed simultaneously in this thermo regulated incubator with Peltier module ± 1°C.
- A robotic arm transfers the Petri dishes from the carousel to the camera to perform a time-lapse photography. ScanStation is equipped with a pressure-sensitive gripper which adapts itself to all Petri dishes.
- The automatic colony counter detects and counts colonies as soon as they appear. The 5 megapixel ultra-HD camera detects colonies as soon as they appear before clustering or covering can occur, while dissociating the artefacts. So that you get more accurate and faster results. You can see the video of bacterial growth during and after incubation.
- Capacity: up to 300 Petri dishes
- Counting on pour plate, surface, Spiral, filtration membranes
- Petri dish sizes: Ø 55 to 65 mm, Ø 90 mm
- Telecentric lens
- Reading time in between each dish: 30 mins or 1 hour
- Save up to 2/3 of the time compared to the traditional method
Discover bacterial growth hour by hour and see the video during and after incubation. Data are archived and available throughout incubation up to final validation of the results in the following formats: LIMS, mp4, pdf, jpeg, png, bmp and csv.
The loading of Petri dishes can be done at the beginning or during the incubation, with different light or incubation duration settings. The device can automatically recognize the location of the new inserted petri disk and transfer the location information to the software.
ScanStation® is a breakthrough in data integrity: images and video of the bacterial growth are saved, from the start to the end of the incubation. The bacterial growth video helps validate the results by showing the distinction between a particle and a bacterium, avoiding false positives. Images taken at regular intervals make it possible to visualize the beginning of the growth of micro-organisms such as molds in order to facilitate counting.
ScanStation® software complies with FDA 21 CFR Part 11 guidelines. It allows electronic signatures, audit trails and encrypted data for security reasons. You can assign different to users rights depending on the access levels.
ScanStation® is used in pharmaceutical, cosmetics and food laboratories.